2019/20 Membership offer
NNECL (now an independent charity) supports professionals working with care experienced students to improve the progression of young people in or leaving care into and through further and higher education.
We provide the focal point of a network for our members, disseminate information, organise meetings, and support our members to work together to provide the best outcomes for care experienced students across the UK. We promote the work of our members, both to other member organisations and more broadly to politicians and other policy makers.
Demonstrate to others your commitment to the care leaver agenda
Care leavers are recognised as a priority target group by the Office for Students (OfS), the independent regulator of higher education in England. The OfS expects all institutions to be providing support to care leavers in all access, retention and progression activities.
Your Access and Participation Plans (APP) - Subscriptions to this network will support your Access and Particatipation Plan (APP) and will enable your institution to meet its targets and monitor the APP.
Support for your staff and institution - We are here to support the needs of those working with care-experienced students. We help practitioners do this through our four key priorities:
- INFORM - Access to up-to-date, accurate, useful information easily
- SUPPORT - Develop and sustain effective relationships with the right people
- CONNECT - Enhance the impact of your work and develop professionally
- CHAMPION - Be heard, so your work is valued and supported
Inform and influence policy - By joining us, you will be joining a network of individuals committed to transforming the progression of care leavers into further and higher education. We will use our collective voice to engage with key influencers and policy makers to ensure our member’s voices are heard.
Additional membership benefits
As a member, your institution will also enjoy the following benefits:
- A third (33%) off your conference fee. This is for everyone in your insitution (this has increased from 30%)
- A quarterly newsletter (just for members) which you will have the opportunity to contribute to
- Online webinar programme (New)
- Members' annual priorities survey
- Use of the ‘NNECL Member’ logo on your website and paperwork
- Your institutions logo on NNECL homepage with a searchable profile about your institutions activities, with links to your page on the Propel website
- The opportunity to directly inform the work of the charity and inform future membership benefits.
AND NEW for 2020 - Be the first to register for the Quality Mark, due be launched in the spring of 2020. Our members will be front of the queue for this much anticipated development for the Sector.
How to join
Membership runs for one year from receipt of membership form.
Membership is open to further and higher education institutions, local authorities and charities in the UK.
Membership is NOW OPEN, please complete membership form- enquiries to email@example.com.