I think NNECL is seen as the gold standard and allows us to advise senior managers of what is expected when caring for care experienced students.
[Response from 2022 member survey]
Add your organisation's voice to support care experienced students
We are here to support professionals working with care-experienced students through our four strategic aims:
- INFORM - Access to up-to-date, accurate, useful information easily;
- SUPPORT - Develop and sustain effective relationships with the right people;
- CONNECT - Enhance the impact of your work and develop professionally;
- CHAMPION - Be heard, so your work is valued and supported.
Why join NNECL?
- Demonstrate your commitment to the care experienced agenda, and gain insights and support to meet your plans and targets for this under-represented group of students.
- Support the professional development needs of your staff who work with care experienced students. Help them: to access up-to-date information; to develop and sustain effective relationships with other practitioners and policymakers; and to enhance the impact of their work.
- Inform and influence policy by joining a network committed to transforming the progression of care experienced people into further and higher education. We use our collective voice to engage with key influencers and policy makers to ensure our members’ views are heard.
Membership benefits include:
- A discount for the NNECL Quality Mark.
- One third discount on annual conference fees for staff in your institution.
- Our webinar programme (free to members), covering topical issues, policy developments and new research findings.
- A members-only monthly bulletin sharing latest practice, news and research.
- Opportunities to share news and case studies in our quarterly newsletter which goes out to members and our wider network of policymakers and partner organisations.
- Inform our future work through our annual priorities survey.
- Use of the NNECL member logo on your website and paperwork
- Your institution’s logo on the NNECL Members' Page, and opportunities to promote the support you provide through links to further information.
You can join using the options below, but please do get in touch if you would like to discuss membership further
Student Voice Network
To join the Student Voice Network you will need to provide your university or college email address and name of your university or college.
FE colleges and 6th Forms
Large HE Membership
More than 10,000 students
Local Authority, Virtual School & Foster Agency Membership
Small HE Membership
Fewer than 10,000 students