Nelson College London understands the challenges faced by care leavers when entering higher education. We are committed to supporting students who have experienced care at any stage of their lives.
The College has a Student Welfare team who are dedicated to supporting Care leavers from the moment they are interested in studying at Nelson College London right through to progressing into further studies or employment.
The Student Welfare team are always available as we have an open-door policy (no booking appointments), to support students overcome any barriers whilst at the College.
Care leavers students are offered the following support at each stage of the student lifecycle at the College:
- A pre-sessional induction event
- Support at the application stage
- On-course support which includes one-to-one support
- Bursary Package
- One-to-one sessions with the Student Welfare Officer
- Support on progression opportunities
- Free access to Talk Campus app – A safe space to get instant support for your mental health any time of day and night.
As mentioned above, Care Leaver students will be eligible for financial support in the form of a Bursary Package of up to £1,000.
For more information, please contact our dedicated Student Welfare Team at [email protected].
You can find out more about our offer and activities on our Propel web page