- De Montfort University has a long history as a widening participation institution and provides a comprehensive package of support to care experienced young people, both prior to and after entry to university.
We have signed up to the Care Leaver’s Covenant and work closely with local authorities, virtual schools and other organisations supporting children in need.
Melissa Page and Louise Wells in the Transitions Team are the designated contacts for care experienced and estranged students and can provide advice and support on a wide range of issues including student finance, additional funding and housing.
We offer the following support:
- £1000 p.a. Care Leaver bursary
- £1000 Care Experienced award (if not eligible for bursary)
- £1000 Graduation bursary
- Campus visits
- Guarantor scheme
- 365 day accommodation
- Access to DMU Global international trips
- Paid placement opportunity
- Events throughout the year
- Regular support and contact
- Unite Foundation scholarship
- Stoneygate scholarship
- Article 26 scholarship