The National Network for the Education of Care Leavers (NNECL) was first established as a volunteer network in June 2013 by higher education institutions and national organisations committed to the progression and support of care experienced students in further and higher education. Working together we aim to transform the opportunities available by championing the continuous improvement of local practice, multi-agency partnerships and national collaboration.
NNECL became a registered charity in 2018 (Registered Charity No. 1180793) led by a Board of Trustees which is responsible for our strategic objectives, financial security and compliance.
The National Strategy Group (NSG) forms a link between educational providers, their networks and national organisations and agencies. It includes nominated regional representatives from further or higher education and members of national organisations committed to the progression and support of care experienced students.
A world in which care experienced people are empowered and supported to thrive and achieve their full educational potential.
Our mission is to support, connect and empower professionals working with care experienced people in different sectors, with the goal of enabling more care experienced people to access and progress successfully through further and higher education.
Our values shape our organisation and inform everything we do.
- Equality: We are working for a fair society which is inclusive and celebrates diversity.
- Initiative: We seek out effective educational practice and create opportunities.
- Collaboration: We achieve more by working together to build relationships and provide personalised support.
- Making a difference: We produce useful, evidence-based work which contributes to systemic change.
Our Strategic Objectives
- Inform: Contributing to the creation and dissemination of new knowledge, research and useful information about care experienced learners
- Connect: Providing networking opportunities for member organisations and engagement with key stakeholders
- Support: Supporting and developing evidence-based effective practice
- Champion: Championing the work of our member organisations through advocacy and communications
- Sustain: Ensuring the future sustainability of our organisation